Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 8 - Forgive someone for a minor resentment that's been bothering you.

This deed was a very difficult one for me, not because it's hard for me to forgive but because I've always forgiven. I've never held hatred nor grudges towards someone because every single thing I have gone through has made me the person I am today, I know that sounds cliché or silly but it's true. I mean don't get me wrong, maybe I am more closed off and reserved than I used to be and maybe I have a huge wall up but it's not because I haven't forgiven someone, it's only to protect myself from the future and what it can hold.

I am a firm believer in forgiving people and letting go, throughout my life I've learned that everyone makes mistakes, it's unavoidable. Harboring negative feelings towards people for any reason makes you feel even worse, so why let the feelings fester and eat you up inside? I often feel like I forgive people too easily but it doesn't mean I am condoning their behavior, it just simply means I'm strong enough to look past it and I am simply accepting it happened and moving on. After all, everyone makes mistakes.

"We achieve inner health only through forgiveness - the forgiveness not only of others but also of ourselves." - Joshua Loth Liebman

1 comment:

  1. "Forgiveness" becomes a muscle that needs constant workouts :-)

    ReplyDelete