Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 61 - Send an uplifting note to a friend who might need encouragement.

Life is pretty hard as it is, can you imagine a life with no friends? No one to confide in, to give you a shoulder to cry on, or to listen to you when you just want to vent?  I don't know about you, but my friends mean the world to me, and I'd be pretty lost without them.

Friends give you strength in hard times with words of encouragement, and when I read today's deed, I knew right away precisely which friend I wanted to send a little uplift to. This particular friend of mine is going through a very challenging time due to a bad break-up with a ruthless guy that she was dating; he took her through hell and back and once finished broke her heart to pieces. The following is the note I sent to my friend:

Dear Bestie,
 
I wish you could see yourself the way I see you, and I wish you could love yourself the way I love you. And above all, I wish your life everything you deserve because, in my opinion, you deserve the world. Throughout your life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad for no reason. Let God deal with the things they do, because hate in your heart will consume you too.

Sometimes God doesn't give you what you think you want, not because you don't deserve it but because you deserve better. You have to be the strong person that I know you are, and remind yourself of that daily, and I promise you that things will be okay. Maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, but one day (hopefully soon), you’ll look back and see that all of this made you stronger. Remember things changed for a reason, you just have to move on and let go.

Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And always trust your instincts… Good relationships feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. And that’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose, it’s the people you surround yourself with. Remember, you were fine your entire life without him, and you’ll be even better after him.

I can’t promise to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and a hear that’s aching to see you smile again. Whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, or someone to just be there, you can count on me.

love you,
C.

Challenges and difficulties are a part of life and words of encouragement can often help you get out of distress. Friends can give you strength in hard times, act as a ray of hope in you times of gloominess, and they can help you forget your uncertainties even if it’s just for an hour; they can lift you up just by saying a couple of words or taking the time to write you a small note. Words that come from the bottom of the heart can assure your friend that what she/he is thinking as 'the end' is really not an end but a new beginning.

I’m sure you’ve had friends to help you when times get tough, so today make it a point to send uplifting words of encouragement to a friend in need, call them or write them, even if it’s a quick e-mail or a text message. Be the ray of hope for someone today, it will bring you bliss to know you’ve made a friend feel better!♥  
 
"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." 


3 comments:

  1. I love this blog post! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Misty, that really means a lot to me! Love your blog as well & look forward to future entries :) xxxooo

      Delete