Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 59 - Tell the people you love, "I love you".

"You don't know what you have until it is gone", I'm sure all of you are familiar with that line and have heard it throughout your lifetime. We come from a generation with so much to do and so little time to do it; it’s easy to get consumed in your own life and not tell the important people in your life how much they mean to you. If you're anything like me, you expect people to read your mind and know exactly how you feel about them, but from past experiences, I've learned that unfortunately most people don't have the "superman" power of reading minds and sometimes you just have to say exactly how you feel.

In life I've realized that one of the worst things that you can ever do is to disregard saying what you want to someone; seeing that you may not have another moment to tell them what you feel and what they mean to you. We usually assume that they will always be there but you never know what the future holds.

One of the hardest things for me to talk about are the attacks on September 11, 2001; even today, 12 years later, when I read anything or see anything regarding that day I get teary eyed and usually end up crying. Although that day was one of the worst days in history, it did teach people a valuable lesson, to love each other more and no matter what the circumstances are, always tell your loved ones you love them because you never know if you'll have that chance again.

When the passengers of Flight 93 realized what was happening, they called their wives, their husbands, their mothers, their children, to say 'I love you' one last time. All of the people that were able to call out from the towers, the messages they gave or left on the answering machine were of love; wishing they could give one last kiss, one last hug, one last goodbye. Every message that was sent out that day was one of love.

Today, I called and wrote to the people in my life who mean the most to me. I told them I appreciate every little thing they do and I am blessed to have them in my life. It felt good to say it and it also felt good to hear how those three small words made the other person so happy. I am a lucky girl to have so many people who love and support me in my life and I am sure you are just as lucky as me; so make sure not to take it for granted!

If you are reading this, please take note to perhaps live a life that is free from regrets –"tell the people you love that you love them". Tell those that you appreciate for having in your life, that you appreciate them, and if there are people in your life who you benefit from by their actions, their words, or even their simple presence, tell them.

Remember to say 'I love you' to your loved ones, but most of all, mean it. Give time to love, give time to speak, and give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind. And always say “I love you” before walking out the door or hanging up the phone!


"Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and griefs which we endure help us in our marching onward."
--- Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, as well! Beautiful! Thank you for being a light in the world! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a blog! And doing something great too :)

    I am going to follow you!

    Sarah
    http://sarahmelenhorst-likeitis.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete