Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 57 - Write a letter to someone who has changed your life and might not even know it.

Our life is a culmination of different experiences and interactions with other people. People come into our lives and go, but sometimes someone comes into our life and makes a huge impact, changing it drastically for the better. I'm sure everyone has at least one person who comes to mind that has made an incredible impact on them, it could have been a teacher, an ex-colleague, a professor, a dear friend, a family member, or even a distant acquaintance who said something that brought color into your world and made you see life in an entirely different perspective ever since.

Now, once you've actually thought about whom that person was in your life, the next question is... did you ever let them know?

It's important to celebrate the people who have ushered in positive meaning into our lives. In a world so hectic, and self-consumed, it’s nice to know that there are people out there who care enough to change your outlook on life and the way you observe things.

Sometimes, these people have no idea or are aware that they have made such a big influence on someone else, and letting them know about the difference they have made in your life as well as showing your appreciation to them is a great way to pay it forward. It tells them that they are doing something right and that they should continue to do what they have been doing. It tells them that the things they did to you and/or said to you really did make a difference. It tells them that they matter to someone and that they have a more important part to play in this world than they might have ever imagined.  My letter is for one of the most important people in my life, my aunt which is more like a second mother:


Tia,

Looking back on the most important moments of my life, you were always there; holding my hand, being caring and supportive, and holding a vision of my highest purpose. Since the moment I was born, you and I have shared a special type of bond, one beyond an aunt and a niece, more like a second mother and best friend who I could confide in about anything and rely on no matter what came my way. Until this very day, I still love to hear you tell me stories about when I was a baby and you, just a child yourself, taking care of me, dressing me, putting deodorant under my little arms because you thought I was a little doll, and caring me out of the crib in the middle of the night when I would cry; putting me to sleep in bed with you, wiping away my tears, hugging me, and making everything feel better. Even today, when I need a hug and a shoulder to cry on you extend it no matter what time of the day or what you’re doing.

You have shown me unconditional love and support, and above all you never stopped believing in me, always pushing me to want and to strive for more. In fact, you are the main reason I believe in myself today. You modeled for me the solid virtues of steadfast, honesty, and goodness; having the biggest heart of anyone I’ve ever known and true genuinity.

I am blessed to have you in my life, and I believe that you are an angel sent to me by God, to guide me, to love me, and to comfort me throughout life’s journey, and I couldn’t picture the journey without you. I have never been perfect but you loved me anyways, treating me as if I was perfect in your eyes.
 

The light in you shines so brightly, and I hope that you can always see it; you are a true being of light and one day I would like to be more like you – a ray of sunshine always smiling and always adoring.

As I close, I can tell you my heart is full of love for you. I’ve told you many times before but I’d like to say it once more, I am who I am today because of you. You are one of the most important parts of my life and I am so grateful to have you. You are the constant in my life and whenever I feel down, I remember my family’s love for me and I really know I’m a winner too, for having such an amazing family like you. If you and the rest of our crazy, unique, amazing family love me, it doesn’t matter how anyone else in this world feels about me. I’m special – I have to be, to be loved by such loving people. I only hope that I can make an impact on your daughter’s life, like you have made on mine, because you mean the world to me; you always have and you always will. You have all of my love and I carry your heart with mine everywhere I go.

Love,

C.

Today, try to write to someone who has made an impact on your life; they definitely deserve to know and it will touch their heart knowing that they touched yours. It's said that people come into our lives for a reason, some for a season and others for a lifetime. Wisdom is discerning which is which and thanking them when it's due. ♥
“People inspire you, or they drain you – pick them wisely.” – Hans F. Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment