Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 48 - Write a list of things you're grateful for.

How often do you stop and take a moment to appreciate what you have in life? I'm not going to lie; I am the first that's guilty of taking things for granted. People, including myself tend to forget how blessed we truly are and take for granted the good that is present in our lives; such as your home, your ability to see or hear, your ability to walk, or anything that currently gives you comfort.
 
The beauty about having gratitude and being grateful is that it's humbling. When you write down what you are grateful for, you forget about all of your petty complaints. You forget about your expectations. You forget to cry about your failures, and boast about your success. And above all you can stop and just be grateful.

Today when I wrote my list of 1o things that I was thankful for, the first thing that came to mind was that I couldn't believe how much I take for granted on a daily basis that many can only dream of having. And then when I read it over again it put me in a calm, peaceful state and above all, left me feeling completely blessed and I couldn't help but thanking our wonderful God above. The following is "My Gratitude List":
Gratitude means thankfulness, counting your blessings and noticing the simple pleasures; it also means learning to live your life as if everything were a miracle, and being aware on a continuous basis of how much you've been given.
Today's deed lifted me up so much that I vowed to start a Gratitude Journal beginning tonight and every night from now on. In my journal I will write down 10 things that I was grateful for throughout that day. I encourage you to start a gratitude journal of your own and you will see that after a few weeks, or even days, you will notice how your gratitude journal becomes something more than just a list you create at the end of every day. It becomes a way of life.
And if a journal is too much to start with at least write down your own list of 10 things you are thankful for. When you start to see with your own eyes what you're grateful for, it starts to sink in that life is for the most part, pretty amazing!

P.S. Don't forget to throw in at least two or three reasons why you are grateful for YOU. Self-love and appreciation sets the tone for all your other relationships in life!♥

"Now to Him Who, by the power that is at work within us, is able to do super abundantly, far over and above all that we ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]." - Ephesians 3:20

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindee,

    Thanks so much for popping over to my blog, I am absolutely loving yours! This is such a beautiful mission you're on, it is inspiring to say the least, and very well written. This post in particular caught my eye, so often we overlook the positive things and people in our lives, it's really nice to stop and acknowledge them. I'm looking forward to reading more as you continue this journey.

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete