Something I started doing as an adult is writing thank you notes because I noticed that whenever I would receive one it would make me so happy. Happy that someone noticed my nice gesture enough to write me a note. So when someone does something nice for me I make it a point to send them a thank you note and you should too.
- When someone gives you a present…write a thank you note.
- When someone acts as your reference….write a thank you note.
- When you go to an interview for a job...write a thank you note for their time.
- When someone invites you to dinner at their house...write a thank you note.
- When someone takes the time to help you….write a thank you note.
- When someones sits there listening to you vent...say thank you for listening.
I don't know about you but when someone cuts me off on the highway or anywhere for that matter I get legitimate road rage but it's amazing how much calmer I get if that person waves a "thank you" as they're switching lanes.
You never know how much it might mean to someone or how much it may validate all the work they put into something or how big of a smile it might bring to their face. Along with saying thank you, saying please and you're welcome are important words to use in your vocabulary as well. Having manners is something that makes people see you in a different light. When you ask for something even if it's work related always say "please"; it makes people want to help you or do that favor for you because you're asking nicely and not just expecting it!
Today for mydeed of the day not only did I manage to over-use the words "please","thank you" and "you're welcome" but I also decided tothank everyone in my life who has made an impact on me because I don't wantthat to go unnoticed. Also, I noticed while ordering food when I was eating out,the second I would say "please" or "thank you" theemployee's attitude would completely change in a good way and it definitelymade a difference which encouraged me to show more gratitude. Lesson fortoday... HAVE GRATITUDE AND MANNERS PEOPLE and you will notice the differenceon an everyday basis.
So go out there today and say thank you:
- Call your family and say thanks for being there for you always.
- Leave a comment on your favorite blog especially if you've never commented before, say thanks for writing.
- Leave an extra tip for your waiter/waitress and say thanks for a great meal
- Thank someone you see doing a usually thankless job like collecting trash and/or cleaning the bathroom.
- Send a note to a friend and say thanks for sticking by your side over the years.
Every single one of us has so much to be thankful for, so give thanks for it and say THANK YOU!
Believe me it will be worth your while and will really make a difference. So while I am at it, here is my thank you...
- To everyone, if anyone, takes the time to read my blog.
- To all of my friends and family who motivate me every single day.
- To my entire support system for everything you do every single day.
- To anyone I have actually encouraged to do better in this world.