Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 23 - Ask a friend who seems down to go for a walk.

Today, when I went for a walk with my friend, we spoke about everything except for what was really bothering her. We laughed about stupid things and I didn't want to ruin it because she was happy and her being happy makes me happy. What I really wanted to tell her was... I'm not going to sit here and act like I know everything, how you're feeling or what you're going through. But I promise it will get better, however sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, it sucks but it almost always works out pretty well in the end. I know sometimes you feel alone, you lock yourself in your room and you want nothing more than to fall asleep and forget everything or you go for a long drive to clear your mind. I want you to always remember that the people around you, friends, family and especially me will always love you.

I'll always be here through thick and thin, you can come to me, I'll listen. I'm your friend, I won't push you away. When you need a hug, my arms are wide open. When you need to talk, I have an open ear. You’re growing up and getting older, know that I'm always here, I'm not going anywhere. You're in my heart and my prayers. Just know I'm here because I truly care. You're my sister, you mean so much. Don't want to see you hurt or cry, I'll wipe the tears, I'll get rid of your fears. Want to see you grow up and achieve. Just believe, have faith. You can do anything. You're beautiful inside and out. You're smart and very talented. You're many things, but most of all, you're my sister. I believe in you and know that I'll never stop loving you.


What I learned from today's deed is when you walk with a friend, you don't walk for them, ahead of them or behind them - but next to them. I am blessed with good friends who are walking with me. These are the friends who understand and do not get upset if I don't return a phone call, or turn down going out; they are the ones who just sit and allow me to be silent or be talkative, allowing me to be social or slip into solitude and for that I am blessed to have them in my life. Do you have any friends like that? If you do, tell them how much you appreciate them today and maybe even go for a walk with them when times are good or bad!!
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow. – Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. Just melted my heart.... Not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed. I love you big sister <3 Okay, fo real (don't i sound super ghetto?) this is my favorite blog now lol. You're awesome thanks for letting me know you'll always be there thick or thin (even though i don't know which one is worse) (':

    ReplyDelete