Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 41 - Smile at kids or give them a silly face to distract them and give their parents a moment of reprieve.

From as far back as I can remember, I have always loved children (unless they are brat’s lol). I fit right in with them and the love is mutual, they usually love me right back for the most part; so, when I saw my deed of the day I found joy in the idea right away.

This evening I made plans to have dinner with one of my best friends; by the time dinner was over we we're extremely full and decided to walk around the shopping plaza to walk off the fullness of the food and while walking ran into a popular pet store here in Miami by the name of Pet's Mart. Since as far back as I can remember, I have always loved going inside pet stores and petting all of the animals, so of course I made my best friend go in with me. There we we're, acting silly in the bird section, I was actually laughing hysterically at a story Ana was telling me about a parakeet she had a couple years back. I was so into the story that I didn't notice there was a small girl standing a few feet away listening to the story as if it we're her own friend telling it.

As soon as I looked at her, she looked away and acted as if she we're looking at the birds. This happened a few more times and then I finally spoke to her saying "my friend is crazy isn't she?” the little girl nodded, I made a silly face and then we both laughed. When the story was over I left my friend in the bird section while I went to pet the cats that we're up for adoption and I noticed while walking the little girl was following me. She followed me all the way into the cat section and asked if she could pet them with me, it wasn't long until I met my new friend Cassy. I taught her how to get the cat's attention and how to play with them. Seeing her laugh and smile made me laugh and smile.

I read this amazing article that explains what's in a smile, it goes on to say that a smile is the window to the soul; it puts us at ease when we see people smile. Freely offered, a smile has the ability to make a complete stranger feel better or more compelled to return the favor. Smiles know no language barriers, no demarcations of race, gender, class or age. It’s the one thing that is truly universal amongst humans. They say a smile from a child is packaged sunshine and rainbows, it holds incredible power and can change your day in an instant. Something about a child’s smile is so innocent, intoxicating, calming, beautiful, and one of life’s greatest blessings. So today, go out there and attempt to make a little one smile, it will definitely leave you smiling for the rest of the day!♥



No comments:

Post a Comment