Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 76 - Drink eight glasses of water.

I've always been big on drinking water, even as a child I preferred water or juice over soda any day (I know – I was a weird kid). Many people don't realize the benefits that drinking water every day brings. Did you know that your body is made up of about 70% of water? Your brain alone is made up of 90% water & it does not function well unless it's hydrated.

In order for our bodies to function properly we need to drink enough water to make up for the amount of water our bodies release daily; your body loses water every time you breath, sweat, use the restroom, etc. Water hydrates & lubricates every cell & organ in your body, it also fights fatigue, surges your metabolism, plumps up the skin, & keeps headaches away.

For some people, like my mother for example, drinking water is torture because they absolutely despise the taste of ‘nothing’. Luckily for them, some foods such as celery, tomatoes, soups, & different types of melon are rich in fluid & help you obtain the water that your body requires.
During the week while at work I am excellent about drinking water & I usually drink at least a gallon of water a day without even trying; my trick to drinking so much water is, I buy the biggest water bottle of Evian from my local grocery store which is 1.5 Liters. Knowing that 1 Gallon contains 4 Liters, I make it a point to drink at least 3 bottles a day which is a little over a gallon. Don't get me wrong, some days I drink less & some days I'm like a fish & drink more, but it's all about getting your body used to it.

It’s funny because I’ve noticed the more water I drink the thirstier I get. The reason for that is that your body gets used to being quenched & once it reaches a normal intake, it desires more. Today I drank over 8 glasses of water & as always felt great; you should try doing the same & reap the benefits of drinking more water.

The following are 3 reasons you might want to opt and drink more H2O on a daily basis:
·         Drinking water has been proven by doctors to help withweight loss; although water doesn't have any magical effect on weight loss it is more filling than any other beverage & is zero calories. Not to mention, when most people get hungry & get the urge to eat, your body is actually just thirsty & will be satisfied with a glass of water instead of that sweet snack you might want to grab that will go straight to your thighs.
·         In taking water boosts your energy levels & relieves fatigue; since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you focus & concentrate better, it also helps you be more alert.
·         Water improves your skin complexion by moisturizing your skin, keeping it fresh, soft, glowing & smooth. Another plus – it helps reduce wrinkles & is proven to be the best anti-aging treatment around.
Who wouldn't drink something that makes you beautiful, skinny, & healthy?? Next time you’re thirsty, go for some water, even if it's not 8 glasses, a little is better than none!!♥

2 comments:

  1. Actually 8 glasses of water isn't enough. I did a big research project on this some weeks ago for my presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Realllly? :O how much should we drink?? Lol.

      Delete