Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 37 - Be happy for somebody and tell her/him.

It's easy for me to be happy for someone, I have never been the envious type and on the contrary my friends and family progressing thrills me and motivates me all at the same time. I know that if they are moving forward, I will be moving with them.
 
With that being said, I contemplated for a while about who I was happy for in particular. Then it hit me, I have this friend who I have known for years, I mean it's been at least 10 years; we can go forever without talking and then when we do it's like we never stopped. Just like me, he was born and raised in the Miami area and from the looks of it he lived a very comfortable life. But sometimes, even having most of the necessities doesn't buy happiness. A couple of years ago he told me he was going to move to Los Angeles, California and pursue his dream of acting, I believed him and the thought of him moving over there seemed dreamlike and something that at the time I thought I would be too afraid to do. I have always been a firm believer in "don't count your eggs until they hatch" so saying something is completely different than acting upon it. A couple of years passed by and he hadn't moved and every time he would mention it, I would smile but would always think in my head "yeah right, we'll see".

About a year ago he really did move to L.A. and has been living there ever since. He is currently taking acting classes and has gotten a few small roles. We talk here and then but nothing major; recently we begun speaking more frequently than usual and I thought he would be the perfect person to tell that I was genuinely happy for him, so I did.
I told him that I never actually thought he would go through with it and that I was proud and so happy for him, a lot of people talk the talk and never walk the walk and he actually proved everyone wrong. I also told him I know he's an amazing person and no matter what happens I know he's going to be something big in this world and not to let anyone ever tell him different. I hope that he progresses and becomes all that he's ever inspired and wanted to be and that all of his wishes come true.


He's not one to show his emotions so he reacted very nonchalantly but I hope that deep down inside it made a difference and made him smile. Even though people try to put on a front like they don't need anyone's approval, deep down inside, when someone recognizes what you've done and tells you that they are proud of you, it makes you smile. It makes you smile that your efforts have not gone unnoticed and it makes you smile that you are actually going through with your dream no matter how many people try to put you down. I don't know about you, but I don't remember the last time someone told me that they we're actually happy for me, and I'm not going to lie, it would be nice to hear it. So today, go out there and tell someone that you are happy for them and see how they react.♥
 

1 comment:

  1. Cindee, you are so right. It does make people feel good to know that someone is genuinely happy for them. :)

    ReplyDelete